Semaglutide: A Weight management drug.
Uses, Dosage, Administration ,Side effects, Related warnings and Contraindications .
Recently The FDA approved once weekly Semaglutide injection.
It is indicated for chronic weight management in adults.
Semaglutide is a GLP-1 receptor agonist .
Semaglutide 2/4 mg, is the first-approved drug for chronic weight management in adults.
It has been used with general obesity or overweight since 2014. It is administered for chronic weight management in adults.
The patient with a BMI of 27 kg/m² or greater are treated with this .
who have at least one weight-related comorbidity is preferred for this medication. The patients who have type 2 diabetes or hypertension treated with this .
Dosage and Administration.
This dose is used in very general treatment. Remember, every patient and their problem is different.
So the dose may vary depending on the type of disease. The type of treatment, the patient’s age, and the history of the treatment are also different .
The following side effects have been reported in the study when it was used.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Abdominal pain
Is Semaglutide safe for pregnant women?
- There have been no studies on the health of pregnant women to date. Thus, its effect on pregnant women is not known.
Is Semaglutide safe while breastfeeding?
- It has few side effects in mothers who are breastfeeding. If any side effects occur, stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor. If the doctor instructs, then restart the medicine.
What is the effect on the kidneys?
· Semaglutide is very harmful to any kidney.
What is the effect on the liver?
· There is no risk of liver damage if you take this drug.
What is the effect on the heart?
· There is no risk of Heart damage if you take this drug .
Did this become a habit or an addiction?
· No, there is no chance of getting addicted to Semaglutide.
Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery while carrying it?
· This Drug will not make you sleepy. so you can drive or operate heavy machinery.
Is it safe?
· Yes, but only take this on the advice of a doctor.
Does it help cure mental illness?
· No, This is not effective in curing mental illness.
Reactions of this drug with food and alcohol.
Reaction with food.
· What is the effect of Semaglutide with food cannot be said. There has been no scientific study on this subject.
Reactions of Alcohol and This drug.
· Taking Semaglutide with alcohol can cause serious problems in your body.
Severe reactions with other drugs.
Semaglutide should not be taken in combination with the following drugs. It may cause serious side effects in the patient.
· Cantar 16 Tablet
· Candelong 8 Tablet
· Ande Candelong 4 Tablet
· Ande Candelong 16 Tablet
· Io Angiopril 25 Tablet
· Aceten 12.5 Mg Tablet
· Aceten 25 Mg Tablet
· Repace H Tablet
· Covance 50 Tablet
· Amlozaar Tablet
· Repace AF Tablet
If you have any of the following diseases, you should not take Semaglutide. If your doctor advises you to do so.
· Diabetic retinopathy
· Inflammation of the pancreas