Learn about diabetes. Diabetes is such a disease. Which patients never completely cure. However, with some treatment, we can certainly control it.
In earlier times, the disease only occurred in adults.However, nowadays this disease is being caught in some people. The main reason for this is their poor diet. Diabetes can be maintained by eating a balanced diet. Let’s know the details about diabetes (sugar) today.
Frequently asked questions about Diabetes :
- What is diabetes?
- What are the types of diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the symptoms of diabetes?
- What is the treatment for diabetes?
- What are the domestic tips to control diabetes?
- What precautions should be taken in diabetes?
What is diabetes?
Diabetes (sugar, diabetes) is such a disease. Which increases the level of glucose or sugar present in the blood.
Eating food makes glucose in the body. These glucose acts as insulin-releasing hormone in the cells. So that they may gain strength.
The importance of insulin must be understood before understanding the disease of diabetes. Insulin is one such hormone.
Which regulates the break down of carbohydrates and fats in the body. Glucose cannot enter the body without insulin.
It accumulates in the blood vessels. In such a situation the person does not get his energy. It makes a person suffer from diabetes.
What are the classes of diabetes?
Basically diabetes are of two types.
Type 1: – This diabetes is mostly seen in young children or boys under 20 years of age. In diabetes, type 1 insulin is not made in the body.
Type 2: – People already with diabetes, most of them suffer from type 2 diabetes. In case of type 2 diabetes, the body produce insulin. However, it does not work properly or the body does not produce the required amount of insulin.
What causes diabetes?
There can be many causes of diabetes.
- Eating too much junk food increases the amount of calories and fat in the body. Due to which the level of sugar in insulin in the body increases.
- Genetic diseases can also causes diabetes.
- Diabetes can be caused by excess body weight and weight gain.
- Not exercising daily physical activity can lead to diabetes.
- Excessive stress can lead to diabetes.
- If a person smokes excessively, it can result in diabetes.
- Taking the wrong medication without a doctor’s advice can cause a person to develop diabetes.
- Diabetes is the result of a person consuming tea, cold drinks and sugary foods.
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
- Frequent hunger.
- Poor eyesight.
- Feeling tired and weak.
- Quick recovery from injury
- Frequent urination.
- Skin infections
- Tearing of the skin.
- Dry skin.
- Weight loss.
- Frequent thirst.
What is the treatment for diabetes?
In the treatment of diabetes, physicians advise patients to eat properly and do physical activities such as exercise, yoga to control sugar levels.
To keep diabetes sugar under control, doctors first check the patient’s sugar level. This blood sugar test mainly is done in two stages.
The first blood sugar test is done on an empty stomach and the second blood sugar test is done after eating.
After the test, some medications, such as metformin, are given to control sugar levels. It is only given to patients with type 2 diabetes.
These drugs stimulate insulin production. Helps the body use insulin better.
Patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes should have their eye retina, cataracts, etc. examined at once.
What are the domestic tips to control diabetes?
Black berries should be eaten to control diabetes. Black Berry contains many antioxidants. Which helps in making insulin.
Due to which the blood sugar remains at normal level.
Make a chutney by crushing 8 to 10 leaves of molasses, then mix it in a glass of water and leave it overnight. Wake up in the morning and swallow it.
Hibiscus leaves contain high amounts of folic acid. It proves to be very effective in controlling diabetes.
Drumstick leaf juice works like panacea in diabetes. Drumstick leaves are rich in ascorbic acid. Which controls sugar levels and increases insulin, thereby strengthening the immune system.
People with diabetes should chew 8 to 10 neem leaves daily. The antivirals present in neem help to regulate sugar levels in the body.
What precautions should be taken in diabetes?
- Patients with diabetes should do physical activities like daily exercise, yoga.
- Seats like Anulom, Bilom, Kapalbharati in yoga are beneficial for diabetics.
- Patients with diabetes should always avoid injuring their legs.
- Patients with diabetes should have their blood sugar levels checked regularly.
- Avoid excess oil and spices. Eat nutritious food every day.